State what observable event is expected to occur because the hypothesis is true.
The introduction should be able to stand alone as a formal essay.
Materials and Methods
Written just like a recipe, in sufficient detail that anyone should be able to
duplicate your experiment.
- Materials: what supplies are needed (be specific), and how much of each.
- Methods: what do you do with the supplies?
- experimental design:
- experimental group where conditions are met
- control group where conditions are not met
- Record what actually happened,
and not what you think should have happened.
Depending on the age of your students, this may include descriptions, drawings,
numbers and graphs, ...
- based on data presented:
- "The hypothesis has been proven to be true."
- "The hypothesis has been proven to be false."
[optional] you may discuss how this changes our concept of how the Universe works?
This section could also stand alone as a formal essay as can the introduction.
RETURN TO OUTLINE
© 2004 TwoOldGuys